Sunday, 30 December 2012
What were your highs and lows of 2012 ?
I hate being tagged, too much pressure, but it's rare that I resist @kateonthinice
1. What was your happiest event?
Seeing my children in the UK
2. What was the saddest thing to happen?
My Dad having a heart attack in June and me being so far away (South Africa)
3. What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
Having a child free holiday and spending two weeks driving the Garden Route to Cape Town.
Kids are currently in UK with their Dad.
4. Who let you down?
Really should stop going on about this, but seeing as I still haven't received an apology or had the problems rectified. I have to say.......my husbands employers
5. Who supported you?
Some good friends that I met through my volunteer work with Santa Shoebox and of course Hubby.
6. Tell us one thing you learned
How to ride an Ostrich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fee6i0uW_Bk
7. Tell us one thing that made you laugh
Riding the Ostrich
8. Tell us one thing that made you cry
Dad's heart attack, Aunties death, Nephews accident
9. Tell us three things your child or children did to make you feel proud.
Can I tell you 5 things? One for each child.
1. Visiting eldest child in her residential home on the UK and seeing how happy she is.
2. Eldest boy making the decision to leave the army after 5 years, despite not having employment to go to.
3. Youngest child in the UK securing his future and announcing his decision to move to Leeds in the New Year to train as a Sommelier.
4. Eldest son in South Africa getting his Learners Permit
5. Youngest son and child battling through with dyslexia and dysgraphia
10. Tell us one thing that made you proud of yourself.
My volunteer work with @kwo_org and learning a new skill of sewing and being able to use that skill to raise money for essentials such as toiletries.
11. Tell us one challenge you overcame
Speaking out and asking for help with depression
12. Tell us three things you would like to change about your life in 2013.
My fitness levels
I'm tackling the 3 above by climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in 2013
Anyone can join in this meme. I was tagged along with the following:
@DownSideUp, @GertieandGinger @PollyBurns2 @chickenruby @Older_Mum @NewMumOnline, @rachelradiostar @joannah123 @expatmammy @michelloui @aresidence @TheBeezleyBuzz @SonyaCisco @goriami @RP4ges @kykaree @LynseyMummaDuck @Angeline1611 @AutismMumma @jooleroo @spicers1976 @KatBroon @NikkiCrick @cherriemayhem @Glasgow_Mummy @mrsshortiesmind @capturebylucy @missielizzieb @eann_Tan @knackeredhw
I'm afraid I'm not tagging anyone as all the people I would normally tag are in the list above.
There is no pressure to take part.
You don’t have to be tagged to take part.
Don’t forget if you do take part to tag one or more other bloggers.