How to be a Groovy Mum
Kateonthinice describes what a Groovymum is missing over on http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/how-to-be-a-groovy-mum/
Take a look if you fancy joining in.
I did back in Septembher when I felt something was missing from my life, and that something was work, how do I compensate for not working for the 1st time in 20+ years. It's not easy, I felt part of my identity had gone. I'm trying to reinvent myself, it's a long process (been a year already) and it's getting there day by day.
I'm finding things a bit negative at the moment, so I'm going to ignore those thoughts and only focus on the positives from this week.
This weeks challenges from Kate are as follows:
1. Body – What are you looking at? What can you see differently? On a practical level, how is your eyesight and eye health?
BEEN GETTING MIGRAINES THIS WEEK, SO HAVE BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT FOR BOTH ME AND HUBBY FOR A CHECK UP. STILL SWIMMING A MILE A DAY (MON-FRI) GOING TO UP THE EXERCISE WITH A FEW BRISK WALKS.
2. Mind – How is your mental health? Are you stuck or if you think really hard, can you find ways to improve things for yourself? What can others do to help you?
BEEN AND GOT MY FINGER PRINTS TAKEN FOR THE POLICE CLEARANCE CHECK SO I CAN START TO DO SOME VOLUNTEER TEACHING.
3. Spirit – What memories are you making? What would you like your legacy to be?
I TOOK A GIANT STEP THIS WEEK AND WENT TO PRETORIA, I STEPPED AWAY FROM THE SECURITY THAT SURROUNDS ME WHEREVER I GO AND WALKED OUT ON THE STREETS, I HAD COFFEE IN WIMPY, TO GATHER MY THOUGHTS, DID A BIT OF SHOPPING AND TOOK A WALK AROUND THE CITY. I FELT SAFE, APPREHENSIVE AND A LITTLE BIT RELIEVED WHEN I RETURNED TO MY CAR.
4. Blogging – Do you think people miss you when you don’t blog? What can you learn from that?
NOT REALLY BOTHERED IF PEOPLE READ MY BLOG OR NOT, I GET FEW COMMENTS ON IT, BUT MOST PEOPLE RESPOND VIA TWITTER, I WRITE FOR ME AND AS A DIARY OF OUR TIME HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA.
I'M ALSO GOING TO BE BLOGGING MORE, NOT JUST ABOUT WHAT I GET UP TO BUT I'M GOING TO ASK QUESTIONS ON THE BLOG AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS OF THINGS THAT I'VE FOUND HAVE WORKED AND I'VE ENJOYED THAT I'D LIKE TO SHARE.
5. Special Days – Valentine’s Day is a week away. Do you acknowledge it? How do you show love on that day or all year round? Who loves you?
USUAL STANDARD CARDS, GIFTS AND CHOCOLATES BOUGHT BY HUBBY AND ME AND A MEAL OUT TONIGHT. WE AREN'T REALLY ONES FOR ACKNOWLEDGING ANY EVENT, BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARIES AMONGST US ARE TOKEN ACKNOWLEDGMENTS. WE DO THINGS SPONTANIOUSLY THROUGHTOUT THE YEAR FOR ONE ANOTHER AND THE KIDS.
6. The Big Question – This is the challenge that is supposed to help you to reflect deeply. This week’s is …
What good are you doing?
I'M GOOD AT GETTING THINGS DONE, I'M ALSO GOOD AT PUTTING THINGS OFF. I WROTE A LIST LAST WEEK ON GROOVYMUMS ABOUT STUFF I WANTED TO COMPLETE. I'VE STARTED, BUT AM BEING HELD BACK BY RESPONSES. SO WILL BE FOLLOWING UP EVERYTHING THIS WEEK.
So that's my Groovymums for this week, nothing new to challenge myself with, but much more positive than the past few weeks
Post a Comment