Back in September I linked up with @kateonthinice and her Groovymums blog hop.....Why? Why not, I'll give most things a try. 'Have you lost your groove as a mum?' and what can you do to recover it. Well I've said before it wasn't becoming a mum that caused me to lose my groove, but 'only' being a mum that did it.
I'm not knocking anyone's choices for being a SAHM mum I'm just merely saying having the situation forced on me has been hard and everytime I start to think I'm adapting I take a huge leap backwards. Baciscally being a full time Mum for me is boring, but remember my kids are now 13 and 17 and the older 3 are in the UK. So actually being a SAHM is probably not the right word to describe my situation, I'm a Home Executive according to the schools records, although I did write Unemployed on the forms. I'm not needed for much psychically, although mentaly and emotionally as a mum I'm always needed.
Each week there are challenges on the groovy mums blog hop, aimed at getting you to reflect, to make time for yourself, they are all optional and I try to answer them all so here goes.
1. Body – Are you looking after yourself enough?
NO NOT AT ALL, I SWIM EVERY DAY BUT I JUST DONT GET OUT ENOUGH, AS WE ARE COMING INTO WINTER AND IT IS GETTING COOLER IN THE DAY, I SHALL BE GOING FOR A WALK EVERY DAY AROUND THIS WONDERFUL GOLF COURSE WE LIVE ON.
2. Mind – What are your current thoughts and feelings about the Groovy Mums blog hop and/or the Twitter party. Blog about it or leave a comment.
I'D LIKE TO SEE A FEW MORE PEOPLE ON HERE WITH OLDER CHILDREN, AFTER ALL YOUR KIDS WILL BE TEENS ONE DAY AND YOU'LL NEED SUPPORT THEN ALSO.
3. Spirit – Do people find the spirit challenges helpful?
I LOVE THE SAYING 'YOU ARE NEVER ALONE WITH GIN, YOU ARE ONLY ON YOUR OWN WHEN THE BOTTLE IS EMPTY'
4. Blogging – Please do take a look at the Brilliance in Blogging Awards shortlist over on Britmums. I found it lovely to discover blogs that I did not know about. We can all learn from and with each other.
I'M ON IT, I DIDN'T PIMP MYSELF OUT FOR VOTES AND I WAS QUITE SARCASTIC ON TWITTER ABOUT THE WHOLE 'VOTE FOR ME' BEGGING THAT GOES ON. I'M PLEASED MY BLOG WAS NOMINATED ON MERIT AND NOT BECAUSE I ASKED FOR YOUR VOTE, HOWEVER NOW IT IS ON THE SHORT LIST...I DEMAND YOUR VOTE (YOU CAN VOTE FOR KATE AS WELL WHILE YOU'RE THERE)
5. Charity Connections – Do think about supporting National Daffodil Month and raising funds for the Marie Curie nurses. http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/en-gb/fundraising-volunteering/great-daffodil-appeal/
DIFFICULT FROM HERE TO SUPPORT UK CHARITIES, BUT I'M GIVING MY TIME TO THOSE IN NEED IN SOUTH AFRICA.
6. Special Days – How are you sleeping? It is National Bed Month and you can find out more on good sleep by clicking here http://www.sleepcouncil.org.uk/about/
WELL I FIND I ALWAYS SLEEP BETTER WHEN HUBBY IS AT HOME
7. The Big Question – Why do you set limits for yourself? Are you setting them too low?
MY LIMITS ARE SET BY THE RESTRICTIONS OF LIVING IN SOUTH AFRICA, HOWEVER THAT WILL NOT STOP ME FROM ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE THINGS BIT BY BIT FOR MYSELF