Having linked up with @kateonthinice back in September http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/a-kick-up-the-bum-for-mums/ join in and link up, it's free and doesn't hurt.
I relished and looked forward to her weekly challenges for us to 'get our groove back' but the last few weeks have been hard for me and I've been blogging in general about depression. I've not been to the Doctors as I don't feel medication will help, just mask the problems I face. But some big changes in our family are afoot and although I am blogging about it all, you won't see it here for a while, in fact it may never appear in print for a long time if ever.
I do blog about my kids and hubby and they read what I write before posting it, in general they agree, sometimes hubby gets afronted, but that's usually before he's read the whole post to see how it's taken shape.
Anyway Kate's groovy mum challenges this week are as follows and remember they are all optional.
1. Body – how can you incorporate touch into your life this week? Massage or more? You decide but take time out to touch and be touched this week.
LAST WEEK I WENT FOR A MANICURE WHICH ALSO INVOLVED A HAND MASSAGE. I FELL ASLEEP ON THE SOFA SUNDAY NIGHT (PASSED OUT FROM GIN) AND WAS IN ABSOLUTE AGONY WITH AN OLD NECK INJURY BUT HUBBY HAS BEEN GIVEING ME REGULAR MASSAGES WHICH HAS HELPED.
2. Mind – your challenge this week is merely to link up a post about how you are attempting to change your life with steps whether like those of a baby or more solid ones. Any progress is to be celebrated so acknowledge how well you are doing by linking up a post.
TAKE YOUR PICK FROM ANY OVER ON http://www.chickenruby.com BUT I'VE DECIDED TO SPICE UP THE FAMILY MEALS THIS WEEK STARTING HERE http://www.chickenruby.com/2012/03/whats-for-tea.html
3. Spirit – Lent sometimes involves giving things up. What can you give up that would help you move forwards in life? This might mean delegating or accepting that some things or people no longer serve you positively. BREAD, I'VE GIVEN IT UP
4. Blogging – Did I mention that you are supposed to link up with Groovy Mums this week? There you go, two kicks up your rather lovely ass. If you are going to Britmums Live, you can also join in the blog hop mentioned in my previous post.
5. Special Days – Mother’s Day is around the corner so why not start planning just how you would like it to go. Your task is to communicate your ideal day to your nearest and dearest.
MOTHER'S DAY HAS TO WAIT TILL MAY 16TH HERE, ALTHOUGH I'VE SENT CARDS AND GIFTS FOR MY TWO MUMS BACK IN THE UK FOR MARCH
6. The Big Question – what needs to change? OK, maybe lots needs to change but identifying the big thing that needs to change might help you to prioritise what the first baby steps need to be.
CAN'T SAY AT THIS STAGE....BUT WATCH THIS SPACE
So there you go, I'm getting groovy again
Great that you've already managed to meet some of the challenges. I'm just looking at them wondering what I should do! Can't you have two Mothers' Days? I'd milk it for all it was worth if I could. Intrigued to find out what your big change is. I need a big change too, as you know, but I've no idea yet which bit of what I need I actually have the power to change.ReplyDelete
tried that last year, got short shrift.....lolDelete
Really intriguing post that makes us wanting more but in your own time of course. Why have you given up bread? Strange how Mother's Day changes date in different countries. If you are in your forties and have a husband who still gives massages, you are doing something very right.ReplyDelete
I really appreciate you linking up so many times and you are such an individual groovy mum and very glad to have you on board.
someone ellse on twitter asked for support giving up bread for lent so i agreed to support them and do the sameDelete
Glad to see you're feeling a bit more upbeat CR. Good news. Am glad you got some pampering - it sounded like you needed it last week. Your hubby sounds like a good man.ReplyDelete
Ok just came back to say I've just clicked on your 'embarrasing moments' post in the sidebar..couldn't leave a comment on it. You ARE funny. It's the way you tell it. Snigger snigger. That one will get me through bath/bedtime with a smile on my face :0)ReplyDelete
thank you, i try my bestDelete
I feel I'm in need of some pampering too. Groove well & truly out the window just now. Will try & do a post tonight & catch up. Have been struggling to keep up with everything. Multi tasking at the moment - trying to get kitchen clean, have Lemsip, sterilise bottles etc...!!ReplyDelete
A mother's work is never doneDelete
I'm in awe of anyone who can give up bread. It's one of my favourite things. That and salty butter. Good luck with it.ReplyDelete
ive not actually had bread but i have had wheat based productsDelete