I've been very lax since the end of November with #groovymums. I spent 3 weeks in the UK, arrived back on the 21st of December to do all the christmas shopping, then MIL arrived on the 5th January. Alex ended up in hospital after a heely accident and Dan had his 17th birthday today. Both boys are now on their school trip. Alex in Durban and Dan somewhere in the North West Provence.
So with a bit of time to spare I'm meeting challenges set over on http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/fancy-a-challenge/
1. Body – How are you sleeping? Do you qualify as sleep-deprived? Are you a mum to a baby who just isn’t sleeping through yet? What toll is that taking? Do you have older children creeping into bed with you? What does your bed look like? Is it comfortable and supportive enough? Could you give your bed a makeover in some way perhaps with scented pillows or a colourful bedspread? Could you have a nap at some point in the day? How can you ensure you get better quality sleep?
KIDS ARE 12 & 17 AND I STILL HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS. ILLNESS IS THE USUAL ONE, FOLLOWED BY I'VE SLEPT TOO LONG IN THE DAYTIME DUE TO THE HEAT NOW WIDE AWAKE AT 3AM, STUCK IN A VICIOUS CIRCLE. THE BED IS KINGSIZE, ROOM FOR 4, AND ONE OF THE ONES ADVERTISED WITH THE GLASS OF WINE THAT DOESN'T SPILL WHEN A SMALL CHILD JUMPS ON THE BED. (WE'VE TRIED IT)
2. Mind – Our children have reward charts and get stickers when they do well? Could you play with this idea and create your own chart or adapt a child’s one? What are those things that you know you should do but don’t seem to get around to? How can you motivate yourself? In my continuous attempt to get mums to say good things about themselves, why not tell me what you deserve a reward for?
I'VE TRIED AND FAILED WITH STAR CHARTS FOR THE KIDS AND AS FOR ME I'D BE HAPPY WITH A ROUTINE. I'VE SPENT THE LAST YEAR SETTLING INTO A NEW LIFE IN SOUTH AFRICA AND HOUSING GUESTS AND TWO TRIPS BACK TO THE UK. I CAN'T WORK (LAWS OF THE COUNTRY) BEEN VOLUNTEERING. IT'S DIFFICULT FOR ME TO MOTIVATE MYSELF WITHOUT THE ROUTINE OF WORK WHICH I'VE BEEN USED TO FOR THE PAST 23 YEARS (MINUS MATERNITY LEAVE) SO AS FROM MONDAY, WHEN THE WORK/SCHOOL/HOME LIFE RETURNS TO NORMAL, I'M TIMETABLING MYSELF TO DO CERTAIN THINGS. STARTING WITH SORTING OUT THE FAMILY PHOTOS AND FOCUSING ON THE JOB MARKET.
I WOULD LIKE A REWARD FOR MY SHEER DETERMINATION TO MAKE THIS MOVE TO SOUTH AFRICA A SUCCESS.
3. Spirit – Is the spirit willing? You can respond to this one in whatever way you see fit.
THE ONLY SPIRIT I SEE FIT TO CONSIDER IS THE ONE IN THE BOTTLE, THIS MONTH IT IS GIN.
ON A SERIOUS NOTE IM FOCUSING ON GETTING BACK INTO THE ROUTINE OF SWIMMING A MILE A DAY.
4. Blog – Have you attended a blogger event? Have you met any bloggers in the flesh? Would you like to do? Why is that? I am speaking at Britmums Live so I hope some of my lovely Groovy Mums will be there to hold my hand.
NOPE NEVER BEEN TO A BLOGGING EVENT AND DON'T INTEND TO EVER GO TO ONE EITHER. I STARTED BLOGGING AS A WAY OF EXPLAINING THINGS IN MORE DEPTH THAN THE 140 CHARACTERS ON TWITTER WOULD ALLOW. I LOVE THE WAY TWITTER ALLOWS ME TO FIND OTHER LIKE MINDED PEOPLE AND MY PREFERANCE IS TO SPEAK WITH PEOPLE WITH TEENAGERS, FOOTBALL, EXPAT LIFESTYLES. I'M NOT INTERESTED IN WHETHER OR NOT YOU THINK CO-SLEEPING AND BREAST FEEDING IS BEST, BEEN THERE DONE THAT, PASSED ON THE ADVICE ETC ETC.
5. It is the creator of Winnie the Pooh’s birthday this week. So, as a bit of fun, why not work out which Winnie the Pooh character you are most like and why? It might help you to discover what is great about you and also the things that you could usefully change.AFTER A LONG DISCUSSION WITH HUBBY IT HAS BEEN DECIDED I AM SIMILAR TO KANGA AS WE ARE BOTH THE ONLY FEMALE IN AN ALL MALE ENVIRONMENT.
6. The Big Question – How is your sex life? Oh, I know we are not supposed to talk about religion, sex and politics but you know me, I like breaking the rules. So how are things in the bedroom (or your venue of choice)? Has sex become a chore? Do you find it difficult to make time for sex? Are you too exhausted for sex? Have you managed to spice up your love-life? Be brave and reveal all on your blog or just do some quite reflecting on this issue.
AFTER A LONG DISCUSSION WITH HUBBY IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT HE DOES NOT WANT ME TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION, HOWEVER I'M GOING TO IGNORE HIM AND TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE NO COMPLAINTS FROM EITHER OF US, NOTHING NEEDS SPICING UP, NO ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT IS NEEDED.
Post a Comment